March 24, 2015

doterra peppermint brownie cake pops.


I was blessed enough to be contacted by the lovely Courtney Brown from doTERRA few weeks ago. She sent me their essential oils which are SO GOOD, and I've proven myself about it.

I considered for a while, which food or dessert I'm going to make, because they have many different kind of tastes and each single essential oils represents the finest aromatic extracts available in the world nowadays. Few of them which I have right now are Cinnamon, Basil, Lemon, Lime, Peppermint, Wild Orange and Lavender. Those are soo popular and wellknown, aren't they? And I can tell you that just the aroma itself smells really good already. 


Finally, a great idea came up just the day before and the peppermint one is what's on my baking-list today! Peppermint always reminds me about my mom, because she really really loves it. I remember those days - everytime we go together to an ice-cream store, she always choose herself peppermint ice cream. It's just simply her favourite. So today, I created this one fun-to-make dessert: doTERRA Peppermint Brownie Cake Pops!


To make this, you need a baked brownies, few drops of peppermint extract (and I use doTERRA of course), dark  and white chocolate, lollipop sticks, and some sprinkles. I'm very satisfied with the result, especially the taste! If I should say myself, this is the best cake pops I've ever made so far. I personally looove how the peppermint, brownie and chocolate are combined together, because they made the brownie batter tastes more than just chocolatey.... It's richer in flavour.

And also the peppermint extract, what should I say? It has the best minty flavour. Minty, but not too strong, so it's really good to be mixed with the sweetness from the chocolate. I thought I kinda start being addicted to peppermint right now! Making cake pops is also really fun, especially by the decorating part. I love sprinkles, they're colourful, sweet, cute and just brought you a happier mood while baking. :)


So, if you are anything like me, you will definitely enjoy this recipe!
Have a go guys!


For the brownies:

Making an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan.

(I always hang on this recipe because this works best for me, and I always save a bit for leftovers. You may only make half-size of the recipe if you just wanna make 8-12 cake pops!).

Ingredients:

150 grams semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
113 grams unsalted butter, cut into pieces
15 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
200 grams granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
95 grams  all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3-4 drops doTERRA peppermint essential oils

Directions:

1). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2). Butter an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment/wax paper.
3). Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar.
4). Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the doTERRA peppermint essential oils, mix well.
5). Finally, stir in the flour and salt, pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Don't over bake! 
6). Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack.

For the chocolate glaze, making cake pops and assembling:

Ingredients:

100 gr dark chocolate
100 gr white chocolate
lollipop sticks
sprinkles - toasted almond, sugar candy/candy cane bits, coconut shredded/flakes (optional)

Directions:

1). Crumble brownies in a large bowl, then scoop out a small amount and shape into a 1,5 inch balls. Insert the lollipop sticks through the center of each ball. Place on prepared pans, freeze for 1 hour.
2). Melt the dark and white chocolate over a simmering water or in microwave (in a microwave safe bowl at 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each 20-30 seconds, until the chocolate is completely melted. 
3). Remove the brownie balls from the freezer, dip the end of 1 stick into the melted chocolate and then directly into the center of one of the brownie balls. Sprinkle them immediately (while the chocolate covered is still wet!) with toasted almonds, crushed candy canes or sprinkles. Repeat with the remaining balls, placing balls with sticks pointing upwards, back onto the wax lined tray. 
4). Put the cake pops in the freezer once again (for 1-2 hours) or wait for all to dry completely before serving. Remember to allow coating till it completely set!


It's yummy, fudgy, chocolatey, minty, all in one bite!

And if you're interested in using doTERRA essential oils too, you can contact: courtneybrowoils@gmail.com or find more information about it here.


Enjoy!
Hope you all like this recipe!

P.S.: Thanks to everyone who's been constantly visiting my blog and even trying my recipes! It means the world to me. I still have so many baking ideas on the list, so just stay tuned! :)

You can find me on:


Lots of love,
@lputriasih

No comments:

Post a Comment