February 11, 2015

nutella-based strawberry cheesecake.


How I miss strawberries!
Recently I've been working with so many chocolatey recipes, and now I'm back to strawberries!

Firstly I came up with an idea to use my Nutella, which is only 2-3 teaspoons left in the jar. Then I realized that I still have strawberries and cream cheese in the fridge which I bought the day before yesterday. So, what's better than a no-bake Nutella-based Strawberry Cheesecake?? 


YES! This cake is a delicious summer dessert, but it's perfect for all occasions. I looove the taste that strawberries, cream cheese and nutella are combined together as one. It would be amazing to have a slice of cheesecake after a busy and tiring day... right?

I developed the recipe from Joy Of Baking and Martha Stewart, but actually there are sooo many kind of strawberry cheesecake's recipes in the world and they're all different. But probably, those are two of my favourites.


So, here's the recipe if you wanna give a try!

For the Nutella-based:

Ingredients:

150 grams graham cracker crumbs or digestive biscuits (crushed)
30 grams granulated white sugar
35 grams unsalted butter, melted
2-3 tablespoons Nutella (if you really love it, you can add more!)

For the cheesecake filling:

Ingredients:

452 grams cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1). Put graham crackers in a a large resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine crumbs form.
2). Pour crumbs into a medium bowl; stir in sugar, melted butter and Nutella. Stir until well combined.
3). Press the crumb mixture into a springform pan, press flat. Chill crust in the freezer for at least 10 minutes while you make the filling.
4). Use a hand mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scrapping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
5). Pour the filling into the crust, smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm (at least 3 hours or better overnight!). 
6). Unclasp sides of pan, and remove the cheesecake.
7). Decorate the top with sliced strawberries in your favourite form.


It's done!
Now you can cut it and take a slice...
Enjoy and hope you like it as much as I do!

Any idea for Valentine's Day dessert???

You can find me on:


Lots of love,
@lputriasih

7 comments:

  1. I will try this thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try this recipe soon. I have to find creamcheese first. Thank u Laras. I like to read ur blog and see ur ig :)
    Keep baking and sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renie! What a lovely words from you.. Thank you so much dear! much love <3

      Delete
  3. I follow your Instaand was going to email you for some recipes until I discovered your blog! Keep up the good work sweetie, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie! Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Appreciate it a lot.. Hope you enjoy my pics and recipes <3 much love! :*

      Delete
  4. What kind of cream cheese would be suitable!

    ReplyDelete