May 7, 2015

m&m's peanut butter fudge.


Hello Thursday! I had so much fun in the kitchen today!

Yes, sweets are everywhere... and they are sometimes really hard to avoid. One of those, which I found in the supermarket the day before, is the M&M's Chocolate!


These colourful button-shaped chocolates always remind me of my childhood times. Hmm, I bet you might feel the same too. Love the variation of colours they have! And they have successfully made my day more colourful! (and brighter, of course).


Combining the chocolates with creamy peanut butter to make a delicious FUDGE, there was indeed soo much fun - not only by baking time, but also by the photoshoot!. 


Personally, I do really like it. The peanut butter fudge are so creamy, sweetsmooth and of course sooo peanut buttery. :p The original recipe which I followed has been too sweet by the taste (in my opinion), that's why I modificated the recipe a little bit, and reduced the icing sugar from 460 grams into just 375 grams. It works best for me. Sweet enough!.


A simple dessert like this is really great for sharing at class or even at work!. Or, if you have a little party at home by inviting few friends, I'm pretty sure they will enjoy it too. This also makes an easy sweet treat and a stunning edible gift. 

Let's try this, my fellow peanut butter- and chocolate lovers! Here's the recipe to follow!


Making ca. 20 squares.

Ingredients:

1 cup (250 grams) creamy peanut butter
1 cup (2 sticks or 230 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
375 grams confectioners' or icing sugar, sifted
150 grams M&M's chocolate
sugar paste, for decoration (optional)

Directions: 

1). Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with aluminium foil, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished fudge out.
2). With a microwave, melt the peanut butter and unsalted butter together (in a large bowl). Stop the microwave, then stir the mixture every minute until they completely melted and smooth.
3). Remove from the microwave and stir in the vanilla using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Add the salt, then add the sifted icing sugar and stir until completely combined. The mixture will be very, very thick and resembles cookie dough. 
4). Fold the M&M's chocolates into the fudge batter while it's still warm.
5). Press the fudge into a prepared baking pan (square form), smoothing the top with the back of a spatula or spoon. Cover tightly with aluminium foil and chill for at least 4 or 5 hours until firm.
6). After the batter has completely set, remove from the fridge. Cut into squares!.
7). Decorate the top of each square with sugar paste. I used "Zuckerschrift mit Schokoladen Geschmack" from Dr. Oetker (german brand). This is only an option! So you can just eat it right away.
8). Done and serve!.

Enjoy!
Hope you all like it!

sooo yummy, sooo fudgy!

Have a lovely day!

You can find me on:


Lots of love,
@lputriasih

No comments:

Post a Comment