May 1, 2015

no-bake dark chocolate ganache cake.


ANNOUNCEMENT!

I just made THE BEST Chocolate Cake to date! And it's completely NO-BAKE.

Here I present you: No-Bake Dark Chocolate Ganache Cake with Nutella Crust, Marshmallows and Maltesers. How perfect are those combinations! :)

gorgeous look!

After seeing two bars of dark chocolate cooking left in my kitchen rack, the idea for making a dark chocolate cake just came up spontaneously. And like any other chocolate cakes, they're always best to be served and enjoyed with their perfect companion - the ganache!



I'm so in love with this cake, honestly. Besides it requires no baking at all (which I know most of the people really love no-bake desserts MORE than the baked ones), the texture of the filling is so lightcreamy and silky. Smoother as ever.

I also wanna make this cake to be not only chocolatey, but also nutty. That's why I made the Nutella crust as based. Trust me they won't over-power the chocolate. And, one more goal! - to combine the toppings with something tender and crunchy. So, marshmallows and Maltesers were my best options this time!.



In my opinion, every people should give this recipe a try! Simply because it's so easy to be made, indeed. I have eaten a big slice right after I cut it yesterday, and the rests were all gone by my neighbours! haha. But I'm really really happy they loved it. Most of the time, baking is sharing, right?



We're on a day-off today as we celebrate the International Labour Day and tomorrow is weekend already! Why not trying this recipe to please yourself or even your loved one(s)?

Chocolate cake is one simply great dessert for any occasions. So, I'm definitely sure they will love it, especially if they are chocolate lovers. :)

Here's the recipe to follow!


Making a 18-20 cm cake.

For the Nutella crust:

Ingredients:

125 gr unsalted butter, melted
200 gr digestive biscuits, crushed
2 tablespoons Nutella

Directions:

1). Stir the melted butter into the crushed biscuits, then add Nutella. Mix them with a spatula until  well combined. Tip into the tin/spring form and press down well to cover the base of the tin.
2). Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the crust to set.

For the dark chocolate filling:

Ingredients:

300 ml heavy cream
2 teaspoons powdered or icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200 gr dark chocolate, melted

Directions:

1). Pour the cream into a large bowl, then add the icing sugar and vanilla extract.
2). Whisk until the mixture forms soft peaks (1-2 minutes), then gradually whisk in the melted chocolate until the mixture thickens (take care not to over-whip the batter!).
3). Spoon the mixture into the chilled biscuit case and spread out. 
4). Cover and chill for at least 5 hours or better overnight, until the filling has completely set.

For the dark chocolate ganache:

(with this recipe, it makes enough ganache to cover until one - 9 inch (23 cm) cake).

Ingredients:

227 grams semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
180 ml heavy cream
28 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter

Directions:

1). Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Set aside.
2). Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil.
3). Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand, without stirring, for a few minutes. Stir gently with a spoon or whisk until smooth.

For toppings and assembling:

Ingredients:

75 grams Marshmallows
10-12 Maltesers

Directions:

1). After the cake has completely set, remove from the fridge.
2). Add the marshmallows until they covered all the top of the cake.
3). Top again with some Maltesers (you can decorate it the way you want!)
4). Then, finally drizzle the top with dark chocolate ganache. You can add the ganache as much as you want, depends on how much you want the cake to be chocolatey!
5). Done and serve!

Enjoy!
Hope you guys like it as much as I do, because I really do! :)

yummmmyyyy!

You can find me on:


Lots of love,
@lputriasih

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laras! I landed here since I got the link from my Facebook. Just want to let you know that I tried this recipe and it turned very tastyyyy I couldn't stop eating one more slice. Thanks a bunch for posting this!
    Keep baking (and posting the recipe of course hehe) since I'm keeping my eyes on your lovely blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! Really nice to meet you here. I'm sooo sorry for the delayed reply, I just read your comments. huhu. Thanks soo much for trying the recipe yaa! Really glad that you loved it. This is one of my favourite recipe on the blog. Do you still have the pic? would love to see it anyway!! hihihi. :D

    and my pleasure, Elizabeth! thanks for loving my bakes! tomorrow I'm going to post a new great Nutella recipe. hope you won't miss it! :D

    lots of love,
    Laras

    ReplyDelete