June 26, 2015

strawberries 'n cream wimbledon cupcakes.


We're having Wimbledon in 3 days!!!

Oh I'm super duper excited for it! As a huge tennis fan, Wimbledon is definitely my most favourite Grand Slam to watch every single year. The best one. And I just can't wait anymore... :)

Since Wimbledon always reminds me of Strawberries 'n Cream (their traditions include the eating of strawberries and cream by the spectators), today I'm making myself a chic and delicious summery dessert which involved strawberries and cream in it --> Strawberries 'n Cream Wimbledon Cupcakes!.


I'm so happy to finally make this... like I've just officially started the summer season. LOL. :)

The cupcake itself is basically a moist sponge vanilla batter. I made a unique creation by cutting all the cupcakes in half and making a delicious filling. First, I filled each of the cupcakes with homemade whipped cream frosting, then added some sliced strawberries... :) After it, I topped them with the other half of the cupcake, added the whipped cream once again, and also more strawberries (cut them in half), and finally finish them with a dusting of powdered sugar! Soooo yummy!.


It tastes really amazing... sweetlight, fresh and fruitful. Love the cupcakes, love the filling, love the topping. I can't stop staring at the strawberries too! hehe. They always looks so appetizing, aren't they!.


But, if you aren't a big fan of strawberries (or for example you wanna try another fruits and berries), you can easily go with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or lemon curd instead!. Banana would be amazing too!. I'm personally loving strawberries a lot at the moment, and because we're on the beginning of Summer already and also on the way for Wimbledon to start, I thought strawberries might be my best option to be used for this summery dessert.

If you're excited enough to try this, then just follow my recipe below! I wanna see you guys making this! So easy and so simple!


Making 9-10 normal cupcakes.

For the sponge vanilla cupcakes:

Ingredients:

113 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
130 grams granulated white sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
196 grams all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
60 ml milk

Directions:

1). Preheat oven to 350 degrees (177 degrees C) and line 9-10 baking cups with paper liners.
2). In the bowl of an electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well until each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in thr vanilla extract.
3). In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. 
4). With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
5). Fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 20 minutes or just until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remember to not over bake or the cupcakes will be dry.
6). Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. 

For the filling and assembling:

Ingredients:

300 ml heavy whipping cream / double cream, whipped to soft peaks
2 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar sifted (optional)
150-200 gr fresh strawberries, sliced

Directions:

1). With a hand mixer on medium-high speed, whip the heavy cream until small peaks have formed.
2). Cut the cupcake in half, then fill with the whipped cream frosting, place the sliced strawberries on top of the cream and top them with the other half of the cupcake.
3). Pipe a little extra whipping cream on top of each cupcake (this is optional), add more strawberries (which are sliced in half) and finish them with a dusting of powdered sugar to make it looks more tempting!.
4). Done and serve!.

Enjoy!
Hope you guys like it!


Have a beautiful weekend!

You can find me on:


yummmyyy!

P.S.: Who are you guys picking to win Wimbledon this year? Let's put a comment bellow.. :) I'm a forever Federer fan, so I hope he can make it for the 8th time! :p we'll see! :)

Lots of love,
@lputriasih

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to say that I rarely watch tennis, let alone Wimbledon. But these cupcakes look SO DELISH! A perfect way to use up some of the strawberries in my fridge. I wish I could have some right about now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear! Aww it's completely okay! hehehe. I've been a tennis fan since I was kid, so I always watch every tournament, especially Grand Slam one. And btw thank you sooo much! You should try this dear, hopefully you enjoy my recipe! and if you were here, I will absolutely give you a try <3 :) hehe.. much love!!

      Delete