December 31, 2011

My New Year’s Resolutions



We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year
’s Day. - Edith Lovejoy Pierce :)

Dear God,

How can I use the New Year
To better serve my Lord?
I’ll read my Bible every day,
And grow closer in You.

I’ll keep kindness ways to serve others;
I’ll love my neighbours, too.
I’ll focus on the "give" instead of the "get",
In everything I do.

I’ll forgive the people I’m dissapoint at;
Angry feelings I’ll discard;
I’ll try to love people in their unique ways,
God, please help me.

I’ll love my family, love one(s), and bestfriends,
More and more each day.
I’ll respect and always pray for the best,
Because my love for them is true.

I’ll do my tasks and duties,
And make my parents proud of me.
I’ll please my Father God,
And be a daughter You really want me to be.

I’ll always pray for a thankful heart,
For it’s the only way to reach my happiness.
I’ll always keep my hope and faith,
For You have made everything beautiful in Your time.

In the New Year, I’ll lift people up,
Empowering and motivating.
I’ll fill my heart with love, cheers and joy,
And never wear a frown.

I’ll let go of my worries;
I’ll put it all in Your hands;
I’ll repent and try to sin less,
And obey all Your commands.

These New Year’s resolutions
Are difficult, at best,
But there’s something I can do each day:
I’ll make the best of every day.

I’ll love my Jesus with all my heart,
With all my mind and soul,
And if I do that essential thing,
All the rest will be in control.

That’s all, my God.
Draw me close to You,
and make my dreams come true.
For I know You will,
Someday in Your perfect time.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow..!! Keep amaze me with everything you are..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you koo, thanks for read it also =) Wanna be a better me day by day.. JBU ko!

    ReplyDelete