February 7, 2015

no-bake ladyfingers-based chocolate mousse cake.


Exams are oveeerr! 
How happy I am to finally able to say that. Now I have time to bake again!

Yesterday I checked all ingredients left in my kitchen, aaaand I still found my ladyfingers, Oreo, and dark chocolate. Then, I was thinking about making something sweet with this leftover ingredients... and finally, I came up with this idea: no-bake Ladyfingers-based Chocolate Mousse Cake! (with Oreo toppings as decoration!).


I loooove this cake. For chocolate lovers, I think you 'll love it as much as I do. This is a perfect option for a delicious chocolate mousse that requires no baking whatsoever. It's also very easy and fun to make, and what I really love the most is the richness of the chocolate itself. Once you cut the cake, I bet one slice will never enough! :p

So, here's the recipe to follow:

Ingredients:

600 gr ladyfingers
340 gr dark chocolate, chopped
2 eggs
475 ml heavy cream
4 egg whites
Oreos

Directions:

1). Line buttom and sides of a 23cm springform cake tin with ladyfingers.
2). In a top of a double boiler over hot water, melt the chocolate, stirring frequently. When the chocolate has melted, whisk in the 2 whole eggs well.
3). In a large bowl, whip the cream until it's thick. In a separate large bowl, with a hand mixer, whip the whites until stiff.
4), add 1/3 of the white egg whites to the melted chocolate and fold in. Quickly add this to the remaining whites and fold in. Fold in the whipped cream until no streaks remain. (be careful not to overmix!).
5). Pour mousse into the ladyfingers-lined tin.
6). Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or better overnight!
7). Decorate the toppings with Oreos and chopped dark chocolate.


Hope you guys enjoy this recipe!

And by the way... Valentine's Day is coming soon!
I'll be preparing something sweet... Any idea or request? You may leave a comment below or send me an e-mail to: lha_pink91@yahoo.com. Anything comes up will be so much appreciated.

Have a fabulous weekend, and also... happy holiday! :)

You can find me on:


Lots of love,
@lputriasih

No comments:

Post a Comment