February 28, 2015

no-bake chocolate truffle tart crunch.


We're at the end of February already! How. time. flies.
But honeslty, I feel myself soo happy because my favourite season of the year is coming soon!
Guess what? Yes, SPRING! I know it's still winter now, but at least Spring isn't too far anymore. :))))) 


So, to end my lovely February, I made something special to be shared with my neighbours later, too. It's a tart. An impressiv tart - called: No-bake Chocolate Truffle Tart Crunch.


Firstly, the idea came out after seeing some beautiful desserts on Pinterest yesterday. I just scrolled down pages after pages, seeing many yummy cakes and tarts which made me very hungry. :p Then I had a thought to modify some great recipes and it finally came up with this. 

With no baking required, guess how easy it was to make. We don't need an oven (once again), we just need to chill it in the fridge overnight. I love this tart. I love how it looks. I love how it tastes. The chocolate filling is so smooth, crumbly and chocolatey as it's seen. And the crunchiness from the base just made it even more delicious. I really love it! (if I should say so myself). Probably one of the best tart I've ever made so far.


If you decided to bake something delicious this weekend, you still have time to make this one. So, here's the recipe to follow!

Ingredients:

125 gr butter, melted
200 gr digestive biscuits, crushed
300 ml heavy cream
2 teaspoons icing sugar
vanilla extract
200 gr dark chocolate, melted
cocoa powder, for dusting
raspberries

Directions:

For the crust:

1). Stir the butter into the crushed biscuits, tip into the tin and press down well to cover the base and the sides of the tin.
2). Chill the tin for at least 30 minutes to allow the crust to set.

For the filling:

1). Pour the cream into a large bowl, then add the icing sugar and vanilla extract.
2). Whisk until the mixture forms soft peaks, then gradually whisk in the melted chocolate until the mixture thickens (take care not to over-whip!).
3). Spoon the mixture into the biscuit case and spread out. 
4). Chill for at least 5 hours or better overnight, until the filling has set.

For assembling:

Dust the top with cocoa powder before serving, then add few raspberries to make it even more beautiful! (in other way, you can also serve this tart with a scoop of vanilla ice cream... hmm, yummy!)


Enjoy!
Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. I'm waiting for a final match between Federer and Djokovic later this evening, and I do really hope that Federer will win the trophy. #bigfan #fingerscrossed.

You can find me on:


Lots ot love,
@lputriasih

No comments:

Post a Comment