February 18, 2015

raspberry ganache chocolate fudge cake.


Another day, another cake to bake!

Sadly, I've missed the Pancake Day yesterday, 'cause I had to go out the whole day. But probably I'm going to make another pancake this week for my breakfast menu, we'll see. Anyone made a stack of pancakes yesterday???

I woke up so early today to bake another chocolatey dessert: Raspberry Ganache Chocolate Fudge Cake. I baked this chocolate cake so often, also making a ganache is also my favourite thing to do.


If you have been following my instagram for a while, you might already see that I usually use raspberries just as companion for my pancakes, crepes. french toast and sort of, but today I use them for the topping of my cake.


This cake is incredibly easy to make! You may also find raspberries in the local market. Somehow raspberries are more expensive than strawberries, but they also taste good and as a foodie you should try them sometimes.


If any of you decided to have a go for this cake, here's the recipe to follow!

For the chocolate cake:

Ingredients:

195 grams all purpose flour
200 grams granulated white sugar
25 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
75 grams unsalted butter, melted
240 ml warm water
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or vinegar)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions:

1). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of the oven.
2). In an ungreased 18 cm circle cake pan, stir together the flour, sugar, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3). Add the melted butter, water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. With a fork, mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
4). Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.

For the ganache:

Ingredients:

227 grams semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
180 ml heavy cream
28 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter

Directions:

1). Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Set aside.
2). Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil.
3). Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand, without stirring, for a few minuters. Stir gently with a spoon or whisk until smooth.

Makes enough ganache to cover until one - 9 inch (23 cm) cake.

For the topping:

Garnish cake with raspberries and keep at cool room temperature until ready to serve. I you don't like raspberries, you can easily swap and top it with strawberries or blueberries instead.


Enjoy!
Have a beautiful day everyone!

You can find me on:


Lots of love,
@lputriasih

2 comments:

  1. Im so love this cake :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear! tell me if you have tried it! <3 lots of love :)))

      Delete